August Pocket Life with Michelle

16:13

Hello fellow Canaries


Im new around here! My name is Michelle and this is my first post as a new member of the Design Team. WOAH what an honour! This month I had the September Pocket Life kit "Strawberry Fields" to play with, featuring the awesomely cute Shimelle range.  (I will admit that I did have to dip into my Shimelle stash to add extra papers from the 6x6 pad and a few stickers, but I think I used the kit to its full potential! Added extras used within pages can be found on the Scrappy Canary website.)

Today I'm sharing my pages for August, and boy did I get a few cranked out! I recently changed to the monthly approach to Project Life as I just wasn't taking enough photos to warrant using a full page per week.

This is what it looks like all sitting within my album.. A few different sized pocket pages used to create a few layers within the month.
First up is a page more about me, than the rest of my little family. For those of you who aren't too familiar with me... I have an almost 4 year old little girl, a partner Clinton and we all live together with my parents!! Crazy I know, but we are in the process of FINALLY building a house.. Just for us :) Its actually documented within this months pages.. Back to this page..
I absolutely ADORE this range by Shimelle! Its pretty pastels work just right with the colours of my photos for the month. I especially like the cute camera paper! Perfect for a selfie photo I took to send to my hairdresser! And the cork stickers!! Perfect for a finishing touch to the Month card at the top.
You can see here Ive added in 2 of the printables from this months kits. They aren't printed perfect as our printer was running low on ink, but they still work perfect with the colours of the Shimelle range. Ive used pretty much all of the labels within the kit and the printables sheet throughout all my pages. Think I will need to print more out to use with the remaining papers I have here.
One of my inserts was perfect for a few of the instagram photos I had to document, Ive backed them with complimenting papers from the kit, including some of the strips from the tops of the papers.. 
Here you can see how I've used one of the Crate Paper labels, folded over the page protector to create a tab. The little flag was made using a scrap from one of the top strips of the paper pad.
This insert is JAMPACKED!! so many little stories and photos. How cool are the cut apart papers within the kit! Ive used a few of the mini cards above. And those My Mind's Eye alphas.. AWESOME!

My last page is made using one of the new and seriously cool fold out pocket pages from Heidi Swapp
You can see here that this  page folds out to the right, and has space for up to 8 more pockets of photos!
Below is what the page looks like closed, documenting the start of my Paperific weekend!
I've used a second Crate Paper label to make another flag tab. I also used my new In a Wink glitter brushes in Clear to add some sparkle to the Cork stickers
The strips you can see on the 2 photos up top (left & middle) and the bottom right are all made with the strips you rip off the tops of the papers. I simply folded them over to hide the hole in the middle then stapled them onto the photos. Ive added dates to 2 of them and left the other just as it is..

I have loved using the Strawberry Fields pocket life kit for this month
Everything matches in perfect from the papers, the journal cards, the date tabs and alpha stickers..

And how cute are all the pink tiny type word strips from Studio Calico! 
The perfect finishing touch to many of my pockets
Thats all from me today. Thanks for checking out my first pages. I hope they have inspired you all in some way to use up this months kits!!

Cant wait to share what I whip up next with the remnants of this kit :)
Have a great day
Michelle xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive