Card Inspiration from Ruth using Bohemian and Gypsy

09:00

Hi There, it's Ruth with a couple of cards from the Bohemian, Nomad and Gypsy kits. I LOVE these bright colours and the stickers, ribbons and tapes were so fun I wanted to make something to share, so I whipped up a couple of cards from this month's kits. The only think that was not in the kit was the circle punch and the die I used for the word happy.

Both cards are a technique partner to layouts I shared previously in the month, this first one is the same idea as my stash busting layout which was filled with punched hearts, though this time I pulled out my circle punch instead and because the patterns were quite busy and bright, I left them whole.

There are lots of awesome embellishments in the kits that work for cards as well as other projects like the little circle tags from Chic Tags that worked just beautifully as a sentiment for this card, which I plan to use for a birthday but could really use for any happy occasion that we are celebrating, wedding, baby, whatever!

This second card is a partner to my beloved stitched layout that I made with the Bohemian kit, you can see the blog post about that here. This is a super useful design which just uses patterned paper scraps to make an awesome card. It is a particularly good idea when you are getting to the end of your kit as all the paper will work well together, so having a few go-to ideas for using lots of scraps on a project is really handy. I think cards are often this kind of project for me, using the scraps and embellishments left on the table after I finish my layouts and project life. I know that's not everyone's style, but I do like getting double value from something that worked out well on my scrapbooking page!
You can find the BohemianNomad and the Gypsy kits in the Scrappy Canary store!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive