A "Day Tripping" Project Life - with Kate

17:47

Hello Canaries!
I hope you are all doing well. Today I'm bringing you a bumper PL spread using the Day Trip Project Life kit from July, with bits & pieces from the Scenic Route Embellishment kit from July. I have also used the Thickers from the Road Trip Scrapbook kit (but nothing else from this kit) This kit could not have been more perfect for my Week 26, as you will see!
IMG_4060IMG_4060My Week 26 is a 4 page spread (yep, I did use up most of the kit!!) and it shows the week that my husband & eldest son left Melbourne to travel to visit my in-laws in the Netherlands. A real adventure for Alex - 3 weeks of solid daddy time, exploring a new country. Sad for mummy & the other two munchkins to be left at home. But thank goodness for FaceTime! Anyway - you can imagine my delight when i opened the kit - from the colours of the Teresa Collins papers to the slightly travel themed stickers, the orange enamel dots (go the Dutchies!) & all those hints of gold. It was perfect.
So, my week consists of a typical Design A double spread with a Design G insert (my favourite page protector to use in a spread). However, I'm using the insert just as an extension of the week, rather than showing a particular event.
IMG_4065
On the LHS, I started by making lots of 4x6 cards from the Teresa Collins papers. I just adored all the colours & patterns, and used every last bit of them in this spread. This side of the spread really is dominated by the event of them leaving. So much excitement tinged with sadness & then sheer joy from Oma when they arrive! I used a lot of the stickers on the spread - the labels, the banners,the alphas. All were so easy to use & I really like the graphic feel that they give to the spread. I also used some new stamps from Papertrey Ink (the Get Lost set) - perfect for my travel themed week, and even the fonts went beautifully with this kit.
IMG_4062IMG_4062One thing I did was to use all the "Hello" wood veneers from the Scenic Route embellishment kit. For something a little different, I backed them all with patterned paper. You can see it more closely on the photo below. In the album, it looks good - and I like the continuity of them through the spread.
IMG_4063IMG_4063
IMG_4066IMG_4066The RHS of the spread shows one day only - Thursday - but on two different sides of the world. Both boys playing soccer! The Netherlands at the time was in the grip of World Cup fever. My son caught it immediately on arrival.
IMG_4067I LOVE LOVE LOVE the embellishment from Agnus this month in the embellishment kit. Couldn't have been more perfect! And the gold Frecked Fawn arrows also in the embellishment kit. Gorgeous & sparkly in real life. Stunning! I, of course, used all 4 for one week!
IMG_4068Turning over to the next double page spread, we have the later parts of the week from both sides of the world. The LHS shows a day trip to Utrecht. It's very photo heavy, but that's important for my son's memory of his adventure. The absolutely amazing card suited perfectly. I've left a blank journalling card for my son to complete (he was at school when mummy had to finish her assignment & get it photographed!!).
The RHS shows my son getting a tour of hubby's home town, & a photo of him with his aunt & uncle. For many reasons, when this photo was emailed to me, I cried. I just never thought this would happen, and it made us all so so so happy. I have kept the journalling card blank for now - I will complete it privately - please forgive!
IMG_4070And finally, here's a close up of my wrap up card. I decided to try using a list & journalling based on numbers. I find the journalling side of things difficult, and often feel like I sound like a robot! So I was happy with this simple wrap up - numbers, labels & emoticons. Perfect for my week 26! I hope you've enjoyed my spread. Please check out the kits in the shop - all except the Scrap kit are still available, and they are GREAT!!
I'll be back in a couple of weeks with another project to share from the kits. I haven't quite worked out what that will be yet - I don't have much left!!!
Till next time, take care.
Kate

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive