Ruth's Project Life Week 23, featuring the May-June Polly! Scrap kit

14:48

Happy Monday, Polly! Scrap readers, its Ruth here with my first blog post and I am sharing the May-June Polly kit, 'Down by the Sea'. While this one sold out super fast, for anyone wishing they had one, the new June-July kit will be released later this week. Come share the excitement of sneaks and the reveal with us here.

Week 23 was a busy week for me, with a big birthday party for my niece and the usual busy week routine as well. There were a lot of lovely things you'll only find in the Polly PL kit that that were really uf to play with while putting my layout together.

Firstly was the sweet bottle of sequins, I simply ran some adhesive along the page, tipped the sequins onto it, and then shook off the ones didnt stick and put those back in the bottle. The small bottle is a terrific way to receive sequins, because it is so pretty and keeps them from getting everywhere. I see in the sneaks that we have a sweet little bottle of stars coming in the June-July kit! In the picutre below you can see that I joined two of the Elle's cards together to make them a 4x6 card, with an instagram photo over the middle, the join is virtually invisible.

I had used a 3x4 patterned vellum sheet and a badge on my previous week on the far left pocket and decided to simply continue that here, just adding one of the exclusive badges from the kit and otherwise leaving the pocket alone. I usually stick the badges on the outside of the pocket to stop it from straining the page protector.
I love premade embellishments, they make me feel like I get the look of hard work, but with no effort on my part. Kayla included heaps of these in the kit. Above I used the pre-cut kraft frame card around a photo with a lot of empty space at the bottom, I love how it turned out. I also used the speech bubble cut out over a photo with some patterned paper behind it.

Below I used my 'Hello' precut card with the same patterned paper behind, some more of the sequins with my simple technique for adding them, and a piece of printer paper cut to 3x4 placed at the very back to give it square corners. (PS While adding this layout here I just realised that in the photo below my daughter looks like she has her finger up her nose - how embarrassing! I assure you that isn't the case, I was nostalgically enjoying a photo of her playing with my own childhood dolls clothes and didnt notice it while scrapbooking! Note to self - notice something like this sooner next time!)
The gold embossed speech bubbles were sprinkled across my layout, a luxurious finishing touch, with all the effort done for me! Finally you might have noticed that I snuck in some cork thickers which are from the May-June Scrapbook Addon onto my layout, since I am quite addicted to thickers, and I used them to add a few words here and there. They matched so beautifully with the cork arrows and chevrons that are included. The arrows are especially good for connecting photos and journaling across multiple pockets.

Here is the complete double page layout. I look forward to sharing another layout from the May-June kit with you, since I have heaps of it left after making this one! This kit is PACKED! I havent even broken out the enamel dots, washi or wood veneers yet, and I have more of everything else still to use.


Share your layouts in the Polly gallery, we would love to see what you are creating.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Love your layouts, Ruth! I'm loving what you're doing with the PL Kits... gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

* indicates required

Blog Archive